Crossflashing the Dell PERC H200 and H310 to the LSI 9211-8i
There are many fine guides online for crossflashing the Dell PERC H200 and H310 to the LSI 9211-8i that they truly are, but sometimes you just want to flash things quickly and in a straightforward manner. This guide aims to achieve that with one word: YOLO.
I have made available a flashing package that, using said package, you can have the entire flash process done in under 5 minutes. This guide is based on files and previous guides by Tyler Woods and techmattr.
There are some caveats:
- This will not preserve your SAS Address. That said, the only thing you care about is it being unique, so it is automatically generated every time.
- You can only have a single HBA in your system at a time.
- It is unsafe and I would highly recommend against running this on any system with a built in LSI HBA.
- Given the previous point, you should probably run this on a normal consumer motherboard. I used an old Dell Optiplex 755.
How it works:The series of batch files perform the following commands:
- megarec.exe -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin
- megarec.exe -cleanflash 0
- sas2flsh.exe -o -f D6GBPSAS.fw
- s2fp19.exe -o -sasadd 555`time /T | md5sum | head -c13` (not quite, but this is a close approximation)
- sas2flsh.exe -o -f l2118it.bin
- sas2flsh.exe -list
OK, enough already, get to the goods...
Dell H310/H200 Auto-flash to LSI IT Mode:
- Format USB drive as FreeDOS with RuFus
- Extract the provided archive to USB drive
- Boot in BIOS boot mode
- Run 1.BAT batch file, the computer will reboot twice.
- Press YES to the NVDATA Product ID mismatch, this is normal.
- Congratulations, you now have a LSI 9211-8i!
- Only run 4_bios/4_efi if you want to make the card bootable. This can be done later at any time, it will also increase your boot time significantly.